Thursday, January 29, 2009

Puffy Dew



We woke up this morning to find Honeydew with a swollen "melon" as Glenn would say.  The right side of her face was huge, and very tender to the touch.  We went to the vet, thinking it was maybe a spider bite or that one of the cats had gotten a good swack at her.

Turns out, she had a abscess from an infected puncture wound on her cheek -- from a dog that attacked her on Tuesday in the lobby of my work.  At the time, I didn't think she was hurt (no sign of trauma, not even a spec of blood, she didn't act like anything hurt).  I checked her over - found nothing.  I guess I missed it!  Ughh.  So, she now has a drain in her cheek, and gets to wear the cone.  Nothing sadder than a puppy in a cone!  Our very own mobile satellite dish - maybe she can get reception of the Super Bowl this weekend?

I was mad at the lady with the aggressive dog at the time (why do people think it is OK to have their dogs in public places if they can't control them?), but I am even more angry now.  I don't think it has impacted Honeydew, but Guide Dogs is deciding if they want to see her for an evaluation to make sure she is OK emotionally (e.g. not skittish around other dogs).  She seems fine - just bummed about the whole cone thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment